Chief Editor: Larry Smith
1) We are a book publisher; we do not accept individual poems, stories, or essays unless for a specific collection which we have sent out a call (Exs. Working-class short stories, Family Poems for an announced anthology). Note: We do not do chapbooks; a minimum book needs to be at least 80 pages long.
2) We require that you submit a query first and that you do this via e-mail. We ask that you write out a description of your book , yourself (as writer and person), explaining the book's focus, length, and potential audience for that book. Tell where are you from, what have you done, what are your plans for this book? You may include a few poems, a sample essay, or a story to introduce yourself and the book. *This is best done via a 2 paragraph e-mail.
3) As one of thousands of independent small presses, we have developed and achieved a certain character. It is suggested that you read some of our publications to sense this. In brief, we publish four series of books focusing on these themes.
4) If work is accepted we will expect the author to work with us on layout and help with promotion. We expect the final manuscript from the author on computer disk, along with a hard copy for reference.
5) We publish about 8 books a year of literary and social worth.
6) Include a self-addressed stamped envelope, with sufficient postage. Query answer in 1 week; query first. We do not accept unsolicited manuscripts or manuscripts as attachments.
7) *If we choose to review your whole manuscript, we ask a handling fee of $20 (It takes at least 3-4 hours for an initial review of a book). This does guarantee you a careful reading and a solid response to your work.
8) We use print-on-demand technology to print our books, and they are published as any other books. We pay royalties on net sales on all of our books.
9) Book publication includes royalti3w, 10 author and review copies, layout and design, promotion and distribution.
Working-Class Culture and Values
Family and Spirit
Peace and Justice